Activist-academic Meg John Barker and cartoonist Julia Scheele illuminate the histories of queer thought and LGBTQ+ action in this groundbreaking non-fiction graphic novel. A kaleidoscope of characters from the diverse worlds of pop-culture, film, activism and academia guide us on a journey through the ideas, people and events that have shaped ‘queer theory’.
- identity politics and gender roles to privilege and exclusiom
- how we came to view sex, gender and sexuality in the ways that we
- how these ideas get tangled up with our culture and our understanding of biology, psychology and sexology
- how these views have been disputed and challenged.
- at key landmarks which shift our perspective of what’s ‘normal’
- the play Wicked, which reinterprets characters from The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
- 176 pages
influence, audience, book , pride