A new and updated edition of Natalie Angier's best-selling tour of the AFAB female body, published for its fifteen-year anniversary.
With the clarity, insight, and sheer exuberance of language that make her one of The New York Times's premier stylists, Pulitzer Prize-winner Natalie Angier lifts the veil of secrecy from that most enigmatic of evolutionary masterpieces, the female body.
Angier takes readers on a mesmerizing tour of female anatomy and physiology
- explores everything from organs to orgasm
- delves into topics such as exercise, menopause, and the mysterious properties of breast milk.
- challenges widely accepted Darwinian-based gender stereotypes
- shows how cultural biases have influenced research in evolutionary psychology (the study of the biological bases of behavior) and consequently lead to dubious conclusions about "female nature."
- offers optimistic alternatives
- transcends feminist polemics with an enlightened subversiveness that makes for a joyful, fresh vision of womanhood
- a seminal work that will endure as an essential read for anyone intersted in how biology affects who we are as human beings
- 2014 Paperback, 478 pages
female antanomy, sexual technique, book